Who We Are?
RICTA is a not-for-profit organization representing the Interests of Rwandan Internet Community. It was formed in 2005 with the objective of managing the .RW country code top level domain and the Rwanda Internet Exchange Point. With our impartial position ensures that we enhance and promote Internet usage in Rwanda. Our scope of work is not only limited to managing the .rw registry and Rwanda Internet Exchange Point but also promoting the localisation of local content.
The Rwanda Internet Community and Technology Alliance (RICTA) supports the Rwanda Internet Governance Forum-RW-IGF as a neutral secretariat, endorsed by the RW-IGF multistakeholder organizing committee. RICTA also organises and runs the technical trainings like Rwanda Network Operators Group-RWNOG in order to build the expertise of local engineers. Our close relationship with international organizations on key Internet related issues supports us make the Internet a better place.
To guarantee the best internet user experience to drive digital growth in Rwanda and beyond.
To make .RW the domain of choice within and beyond Rwanda, and RINEX the preferred peering point for local content.
1. Professionalism in our actions towards our customers, partners and all stakeholders
2. Commitment towards achieving our objectives
3. Honesty, integrity and respect for all individuals
4. Excellence in all aspects of our activities
5. Proactive mindset and approach in all our activities
6. Result oriented, let us start and progress with the end result in mind